Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's getting pretty late...

...We spoke for just an hour and I don't feel that great.
It's nothing that you said,
It's just these pictures I don't wanna see
Keep running through my head.
I know you never meant to, make me feel the way I do and,
I never will desert you, but I cannot make you stay.

No...
So leave if you wanna leave,
Change if you wanna change,
Go where you wanna go,
I won't follow.
And love if you wanna love,
Run if you wanna run,
Go if you need to go,
I won't follow you.
- Test Your Reflex, I Won't Follow

How do you know when to just go for it, and when to just let things fall into place? It's just so confusing when your instincts are telling you one thing, but something completely different is happening. Are you supposed to act on your instincts when the universe and reality is going in the exact opposite direction?

It's weird that I always start blogs off with an excerpt from a song, then some random pondering. I wonder if I'll ever run out of songs to quote.

Ah, anyways.

I was going to do a bit on a specific trend-of-the-moment, but I found a designer to ramble on about, so I'll save that trend for a later blog.

Our designer for today's blog is the Korean-American designer, Richard Chai. Although he doesn't have an official website that I know of yet, you can check out his latest collections at style.com.

Chai's collection clearly display's the designer's own sense of style and chill personality. His designs are clean, simple, and original. The Spring '07 RTW collection consists of a wide spectrum of outfits for different occasions, but each piece is linked together in some way, be it the clean lines and cuts, the soft blazers, reappearing lapels, or well-placed pockets.


Although I couldn't find a retailer for Richard Chai (he is supposedly sold only in Barney's, Lotte (Korea), and Villa-Moda (Kuwait), these two are definitely my favorites from the entire show.

The silhouettes of everything-- pants, shorts, coats, tops, and dresses-- are a pleasant in this buttcrack-bearing era of ours.

No comments: